Remember we promised a guide on a chicken-beef bone broth combo in our last article, Chicken Bone Broth Vs. Beef Bone Broth: Which is Better?
The numerous health benefit of bone broth is no secret. From its ability to provide various essential nutrients needed by the body to its anti-inflammatory capabilities and to its confirmed use in losing weight. Yes, you read right. The bone broth can be used to help shed weight.
If you have knowledge on the bone broth benefits and have made that decision to incorporate it into you or your family diet plan, then this article is for you.
You may want to know why you should waste your time and energy in making bone broth at home instead of getting one at a store or restaurant. This is simple. You control what you use in making your broth.
You could make use of high quality and nutritious bones and veggies from animals and plants that have been raised organically. Also, you get to keep your leftovers for another day. Simply put, it is a more economical and beneficial decision.
There are different types of bone broth you can make; chicken, beef, fish, chevon, turkey, duck, bison, lamb and other animals you prefer. Making bone broth with one animal bone provides you with a high nutritious value.
Now imagine a bone broth made with not just one, but two animal bones. Imagine the splash of taste and combination of vitamins and minerals infused to give you more and more benefits than you can get from one.
The most common bone broths are chicken bone broth and beef bone broth. They have high nutritional value and contain fewer calories when compared to that from pork and chevon. Combining the chicken bone broth and beef bone broth to give a chicken-beef bone broth combo is the best decision you can make for a healthy diet.
It’s not just about the benefits, but also as a compromise between those who love either of the chicken bone broth or the beef bone broth.
The high mineral content of the beef bone broth when combines with the vitamin and protein status of the chicken bone broth can assure you of an utterly nutritious bone broth.
How Then Can You Prepare the Chicken-Beef Bone Broth Combo?
Prior to every food recipe, the list of ingredients is an essential prerequisite.
1. 2 lbs cracked beef marrow, shin, or shank bones (could be combined with the beef meat).
2. 2 lbs Chicken wings or necks or bones.
3. Gizzards From chicken*
4. Large onion, cut into large chunks.
5. Tomatoes, cut in halves.
6. Carrots chopped into large chunks.
7. 2 cloves garlic
8. 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
9. 1 bunch parsley*
10. 2 stalks of ribs celery, cut in pieces
11. 1 tablespoon of Peppercorns
12. 1 spring of fresh thyme
13. Fresh sage leaves* or 1 bay leaf*
14. Clean Water
15. Salt *
16. Freshly ground black pepper
* Represents optional ingredients.
Method of Preparation
1. To improve flavor, roast your bone in the oven at 350°F for 30 minutes (avoid overheating to prevent nutrient loss).
2. Put the beef bones or meat, chicken wings, chicken neck or bones and gizzards in a stockpot.
3. Add water and 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (the Apple Cider Vinegar helps to make the nutrients from the bones more available).
4. Bring the stock to a boil.
5. Add onions, tomatoes, celery, and peppercorns to the boiling stock (Chop the veggies into large chunks before adding to the stockpot).
6. You can put your black pepper, herbs, and salt to taste. (This can be done now or later depending on your cooking choice).
7. Reduce the heating temperature and bring to a simmer.
8. Cover the pot partially while it simmers.
9. Let it simmer for at least 6 hours to 24 hours (this is to ensure the proper breakage of bones and tissues) before skimming.
10. During the first hours of simmering, use a big spoon to scoop off all foams and impurities on the surface. This can be done every 15-20 minutes.
11. During the last simmering hours, add the garlic and parsley.
12. After at least 6 hours of simmering, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
13. To skim, pour the broth through a strainer.
14. Discard the bones, meat, and vegetables.
15. Rinse the strainer and line it with cheesecloth.
16. Slim the broth again by pouring the broth through the strainer lined with cheesecloth.
17. You can season your bone broth with salt and pepper (if it wasn’t done earlier).
18. Put the chicken-beef bone broth in a glass jar and place in the refrigerator until the fat solidifies on the top which can then be lifted off (degreasing).
19. The chicken-beef bone broth can be stored in the fridge for as long as you want.
As you can see, the Chicken-Beef bone broth is not so hard to prepare. There are so many recipes for home-made bone broths which are easy to understand and execute. Your point of concern in preparing the chicken-beef bone broth combo might be, how long it takes to prepare the bone broth.
Unlike preparing just the chicken bone broth which takes a shorter time, the beef bone broth takes longer because of its texture. You have to weigh your advantages as compared to just a few extra hours of simmering.
Would you prefer preparing just the chicken bone broth to save time or give yourself the satisfaction of knowing that you can prepare a combo of chicken and beef to infuse flavor, taste and nutritional values.
If your worry or concern is the long hours in general used in preparing either, you also have to ask yourself questions like; Can you get a chicken-beef bone broth from a store that is to your taste? Would the chicken-bone broth in stores be as organic as you would make it?
Is it more economical to purchase the chicken-beef bone broth than buying at a store? If your answer to any of these questions is a yes, then go ahead and do as you please. It is your life after all.
There is a list of guidelines you need to follow to ensure that your chicken-beef bone broth is well prepared and gives you the required nutrients.
Guidelines On a Chicken-Beef Bone Broth Combo
1. Use healthy and high-quality ingredients.
2. It is advisable that you use a combination of animal products and vegetables (just like the chicken-beef bone broth which is a combination of the chicken bone broth and the beef bone broth).
3. Use products that are produced using organic means and not those injected with hormones or plants produced outside an organic farm.
4. Using Apple Cider vinegar is of importance because the acid helps extract the nutrients from the bones.
You can now see that a combination of the chicken bone broth and the beef bone broth is truly a combination of nutritional strengths for your benefit. If you’re worried about a single bone broth delivering enough nutritional value, the chicken-beef bone broth combo got you covered.
The chicken-beef bone broth combo is generally easy and inexpensive to prepare. Your leftovers can also be stored in the fridge for another day’s use.
Why not make your chicken-beef bone broth combo today and share this recipe with others. With our recipe, you can never go wrong.